[gNewSense-users] Cardbus ethernet adapter brings Thinkpad online

From: Brian Greer
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Cardbus ethernet adapter brings Thinkpad online
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:43:25 -0700

My old T43 Thinkpad wasn't truly free in the ethernet or wireless dept, so I found a cardbus ethernet adapter that works well with gNewSense.

The Nexxtech "NCARDBUS" 10/100mb adapter works just great. Best $3 I ever spent. :)

lspci reveals that it seems to be a D-Link DFE-690TXD inside, and they look exactly the same from the marketing images. I can't vouch for the D-Link, but this Nexxtech clone seems to work just great. (Hardware version A1 on the box, version 10 in lspci output)

The great thing is that with gNewSense I can feel confident in sending them an email thanking them, and perhaps promoting how well it works in gNewSense - that I'm willing to pay them for supporting freedom.