[gNewSense-users] LibGL and KDE 4.1

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] LibGL and KDE 4.1
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:35:09 +0100

A few months ago, I decided to install a beta version of KDE 4.1. I
used a repository for Ubuntu, so I could avoid compiling it. Everything
worked well, even after the release of KDE's 4.1 final version. But now
I can't enter KDE 4.1 due to a missing libGL.so.1.

I remember reading a thread about this a few days - maybe a week - ago;
I think it was about the fact some files in some libs were not free as
in freedom.

Due to the error I'm getting, I'm assuming that the non-free stuff of
libGL was removed. Am I right? And is there a free libGL that allows me
to use KDE 4.1? I have libgl1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-dri and libgl1-
mesa-glx installed.

Peace;
Bruno Miguel