[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense with Linux 2.6.25?

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense with Linux 2.6.25?
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:08:21 -0400

Dave Page wrote:
> Just wondering whether anybody was working on a gNewSense LiveCD based
> on a 2.6.25 kernel - this would contain the free ath5k driver for
> Atheros wireless chipsets, which would support a wide range of laptops.

I haven't seen any discussion of it here on the the IRC channel.

Getting ath5k to work in gNS is on my personal TODO list, but I'm
guessing a separate module package / backport to 2.6.24 will be the most
expedient way of doing that - if you'd like to (help) hack on that, feel
free :-)

For the backport, these pages look useful:

module-assistant
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/modass/

Building kernel module with module assistant
http://www.punknix.com/?q=node/110

--
Danny Clark # Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
# http://www.fsf.org # http://opensysadmin.com