[gNewSense-users] Announcing KFV Mode web page, mailing list, etc.

From: Bake Timmons
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:56:22 -0400

I am happy to announce that KFV Mode--a script to help check whether
software is free--now has a web page and mailing list, among other
things.  The addresses for the home page and main mailing list,
respectively, are https://gna.org/projects/pfv-mode/ and

The home page links to some screen shots that show off some new
features of the recent 0.8 release.  On the mailing list I cannot
promise to respond to topics unrelated to kfv.el, but discussions
about any kind of scripting for kernel or package freedom verification
is still very much encouraged.

Note that the *project* address has "PFV" in its name (for packages).
KFV Mode (kfv.el) just happens to be the name of one piece of code.  I
am considering other scripts or programs.  (While kfv.el relies on
Emacs Lisp and bash shell script, I certainly am considering other
languages, particularly higher-level ones associated with verification
work, such as Haskell and ML.)