Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV: how to handle COPYING?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV: how to handle COPYING?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:42:49 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:
BTW, regarding non-free documentation, while Ubuntu may already filter
it out, should we not be more explicit in rejecting it?  (Maybe I am
not acquainted enough with the gNS web sites.)

I belive the aim of gNS is 100% *FSF* free (as oposed to DFSG free). As
such the doco moved by upstream(s) into non-free categories may actually
be free for our purposes.
kk

True. The same goes for artwork (game data comes to mind). But I think we still want to encourage (more) freedom for those things. I don't know how we should do that, but that's probably a discussion for another time, since it's not on our list of priorities.