[gNewSense-users] firmware in cx88-blackbird.c

From: Peter and Jesse
Subject: [gNewSense-users] firmware in cx88-blackbird.c
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:05:46 -0700

ubuntu/media/cx88/cx88-blackbird.c does not seem to have any large hex
tables, but has functions like blackbird_load_firmware. I identified it
as non-free, but maybe someone else should double-check.
By the way, maybe someone who knows more about this could update the
wiki site. The KFV site still implies that all we are doing is checking
for the license. What exactly are we looking for when we are looking for
firmware and blobs? We've covered this somewhat in our lists, but it
would be helpful if they were all compiled on the wiki.
 Peter Stevenson