Re: [gNewSense-users] interested in KFV

From: Ivan Camilo Jimenez Perez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] interested in KFV
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:10:44 -0500

> okay. more questions.
>
> --if the code's license is GPL, but the code include something like
> somewhere/foobar.c (or foobar.o), does the license of foobar.c affect
> the freedom of the code (assuming foobar.c isnt GPL)?

It has to be determined in an individual basis:
- The GPL requires foobar.c to be under a compatible license.[1] If it's under
an incompatible one, there is a violation of such license and of the GPL.
- If there is no license, it's safe to assume it's GPL.
- If there is *only* foobar.o (object code, without source) it's non-free by
definition.

> - i am currently editing via kfv emacs. downloaded the
> linux-ubuntu-module, i found the the default url link to on line wiki
> is incorrect, so i changed it. is that okay? i hope i dont mess any
> thing
>
> --
> excuse my english...

Sorry, I don't use kfv.el, maybe somebody on the list could help you. I'm
sending it to the list.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesCompatMean

Iván