[gNewSense-users] Translation of the site: url name convention

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Translation of the site: url name convention
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:25:18 +0800

I've read webpage [1] which describes the best way to translate a site in several different languages with PmWiki. It appears that we should use the english urls for translation. For example:

the english page:
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio/Pronounce

will become:
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio:de/Pronounce for the german language
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio:es/Pronounce for the spanish language
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio:fr/Pronounce for the french language
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio:it/Pronounce for the italian language

By doing this, it will be easier for a person who browses through the site to find the translation of a page in her/his own language. It will certainly ease the translation process itself, for the translators will find the original page very quickly.

I will move the french pages of the www site as soon as possible. Don't forget to add a "moved [[PageUrl|here]]" link in the old page.

Pitof

[1] : http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Localization/Localization