Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0

From: Luis A. Guzman Garcia
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:05:43 -0500

El lun, 19-05-2008 a las 18:29 +0300, Ivan Ivanov escribió:
> Hi all!
>
> I tested Yavor's way to migrate my system without reinstalling it, and
> it really worked. I'm non-profit user, I don't know anything about
> dpkg or so, so it's not so hard to do.
> I have made the same mistake as Yavor - I upgraded aptitude pretty
> soon, and it was a bad idea ;) Another mistake by me was, that I
> have forgotten to delete the gimp before beginning with the upgrade. To
> remove OpenOffice.org is probably good Idea too (I did it).
> It took 5-6 hours, but it can be done much faster I think.
>
> So don't be so scaried, it works. :)

Do you think that Yavor's directions can be improved?. By adding some
other notes, deleting, or changing some steps before others.
If so, it would be great if you (that have the experience) could
re-write Yavor's manual (where necessary) so test can be made, and
establish "the official" way to upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0.