[gNewSense-users] gNS seems to be violating GPLv2

From: Jay
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNS seems to be violating GPLv2
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:52:54 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM
To: Markus Laire <address@hidden>

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Markus Laire <address@hidden> wrote:
> At least for me it's more important to follow the law than to continue
> the project. So if project can't be continued legally, I'd be in favor
> of killing the project.

This is an utterly ridiculous suggestion. The project should bring
itself into compliance by adding the appropriate notices and continue
as before. It is virtually impossible to contact all of the
contributors to the kernel to ask for forgiveness, even though this is
required by GPLv2. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

-Jay