Re: [gNewSense-users] FTL patent in kernel

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] FTL patent in kernel
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:19:46 +0100

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On May  7, 2008, Bake Timmons <address@hidden> wrote:

The nasty effect of
the patent note applies as well to any other file as it does to ftl.c.
E.g., if I modified Emacs to use FTL format for non-PCMCIA
applications, my code could possibly be infringing and thus possibly
be non-free.  Am I missing anything here?

we take the position that we don't take a position - s/ware patents cover so much that you could not write a program - the system needs changing

P.