Re: [gNewSense-users] Removal of linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24

From: Eric Morey
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Removal of linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:21:05 -0400

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 21:38 +0200, Vicente Herrera Cobo wrote:
> El mié, 07-05-2008 a las 15:15 -0400, Eric Morey escribió:
> > How would one go about verifing that the file is free or non-free?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/226646

Maybe I'm in over my head here, but from that bug report I'm not sure
how I can help.

I understand why linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24 was removed as noted by
Brian Brazil: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00164

Brian Brazilalso wrote:
> > Well it looks like some free stuff got removed too, so until
someone goes
> > through the lot we won't know.
> >
> > Brian

> Marco later wrote:
> 've download the source package and, looking in it at
> ubuntu-hardy-lum/ubuntu-firmware, these are all non free
>
> marco

So where does this leave us? I'm trying to help to process along but, I
feel like I'm going in circles tring to understand the situation and
what I can do to fix it.