[gNewSense-users] license updater program finished

From: Peter and Jesse
Subject: [gNewSense-users] license updater program finished
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:32:40 -0700

I finally finished a program that updates the wiki sites based on
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL and MODULE_LICENSE calls. What it does is searches the
kernel for files that have these calls in them and appends the
appropriate lines to the end of the wiki sites. It also changes the
license if the function license is more specific (in most cases,
unspecified license -> unspecified version of GPL).

Some warnings:
1. This is the first program I've written for the Free Software
community. I'm sure there are rules I'm breaking and expectations I'm
not meeting. If so, let me know what they are!
2. I wrote this to be run on my computer. I figured that eventually this
stuff would be incorporated into kfv.el. If not, I can always run it
again in the future after more directories have been checked. What this
means is that there is some hardcoded stuff (like the location of the
kernel source) and it uses some nonstandard text-processing programs. If
it's important to make this program easy to use for other people, I'm
happy to make it do that, but I figured since it only needs to be run
once, why make the effort.
3. This program appends the relevant code to the bottom of the wiki
page. I am assuming that other people have not added any of these calls
to their pages. If this is a problem, let me know, and I can add
something that checks to see if they have already been added.

I am attaching the code to the program in case anyone wants to look over
it before I run the program. Finally, I have ran it on the drivers/edac
directory and put the output in the wikiSandbox, so they have names urls
like
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/WikiSandbox--Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--drivers--edac--i82443bxgx-edac-c.

Also, I assume there is some easy way to restore the wiki pages just in
case I mess them up. I think I've done enough testing, but I guess I'm a
little paranoid.
 Peter Stevenson