[gNewSense-users] Bug and Freedom Verification weekly update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Bug and Freedom Verification weekly update.
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:12:00 +0000

Hi, everybody.

It's that time, again. The week went something a little like this:

0. Bugs:

Bug page: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
Bug stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

27 bugs.

This is the same as last week.

1.  Package Freedom stats:

PFV page: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain
PFV stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

We have 112 100% free package sections, which means that MAIN is 100%
free, as defined by the FSF. No further updates will be added to this
section or the stats page, unless this situation changes.

If you want to use Markus' script, to update the stats, look here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

Any one can (and should) use it.

2.  Report on Suspected non-free table:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree

3.  We are now 100% free in MAIN.  This means we can move on to some
kernel checking (KFV). The drivers section is the first priority.
Please have a look at:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Kernel

Additionally, I want to be able to report weekly on this, as I have
done with the PFV stuff. If somebody can take the time to add a table
to the Bugs/PFV area, that would really help my reporting.

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

I have raised bug 133, so that we can look at ways of comparing work
done, to new releases.  Hopefully someone cleverer than myself will be
able to write a script to compare differences, and thus save much
duplicated effort.  It's really important that Marcus' script is
adapted, so that the same output can be achieved for KFV work.  Any
one know Perl?

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

Basically, the near future is going to be a challenging time for me,
so if anyone can help with the workload, it would be really
appreciated.

4.  Finally, it's been a productive week, with notable contributions
from Ark74, Pitof, Lee797, Meglo and of course, Brian.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/