Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV work started.

From: Lee McCafferty
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV work started.
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:46:57 +0000

> Some files that I checked did not have licences, so I will report
> these as potential bugs, when I get a chance.  If bugs like this are
> reported, we will have to define a mechanism to reporting them to
> kernel.org or wherever, so that the kernel is in a better legal
> position, for the future.

I have just adopted drivers/acorn and the very first file had no license
info, just a copyright attribution. In a situation like this, would it
not be presumed that it is licensed under GPLv2 ? I would have thought
that if a particular license is not specified it would be GPL by
default. I could be very wrong, but that was my initial impression.

Lee