[gNewSense-users] KFV work started.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV work started.
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:06:49 +0000

Hi, everyone.

I've made a start on the Kernel Freedom Verification (KFV) work.

I picked a small section at random (Drivers/ Telephony).

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-Telephony

To see the main Drivers section, look here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-drivers

My initial findings are that licence info is really easy to find.  It
is generally a header to the code.  I copied this info into my table.

Some files that I checked did not have licences, so I will report
these as potential bugs, when I get a chance.  If bugs like this are
reported, we will have to define a mechanism to reporting them to
kernel.org or wherever, so that the kernel is in a better legal
position, for the future.

Can anybody else start to look at the Drivers section?  We will have
to make some changes as we learn, but we know this already, so no
probs :-).

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/