Re: [gNewSense-users] Bug #00031

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Bug #00031
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:44:23 +0100

Oops, should have read the Debian bug report properly. I apologize for
my noobness.

However, the fact remains that cdrecord is now broken.

cdrecord -help says:

-version        print version information and exit

but

cdrecord -version

doesn't do either of that. That in turn breaks K3b.

Bug #00031 says:

SVN 159 removes these bits, in the same way Debian did. -bbrazil
February 10, 2008, at 01:46 PM

I just looked at Debian's wodim.c and unlike gNewSense's cdrecord.c it
still has

if (flags & F_VERSION) {
   exit(0);
}

So the licensing issue may have been solved, but I think some version
printing code needs to go back in.

Regards,

samgee