[gNewSense-users] Bug #00031

From: samgee
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Bug #00031
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:56:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Yesterday I got an update fixing bug #00031 for cdrecord. Right after that
I tried burning an audio CD, but K3b said "Unable to find cdrecord
executable". It turns out that doing

cdrecord --version

doesn't return version information and just makes cdrecord want to burn
something (which fails).

So I checked out the diff file and I'm guessing that a few lines too many
have been deleted from cdrecord.c, namely:

-     if ((flags & F_MSINFO) == 0 || lverbose || flags & F_VERSION) {
-             printf("Cdrecord%s%s %s (%s-%s-%s) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
J�rg Schilling\n",
-                                                             PRODVD_TITLE,
-                                                             CLONE_TITLE,
-                                                             cdr_version,
-                                                             HOST_CPU,
HOST_VENDOR, HOST_OS);

and possibly:

-     if (flags & F_VERSION)
-             exit(0);
-     /*

I could be wrong though, I don't have much experience with this kind of
thing. Just trying to help.

By the way, thanks everyone for all your work on a completely libre
distro. It's greatly appreciated.

Regards,

samgee