[gNewSense-users] Re: ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSen

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSense.
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:42:38 +0200

Kevin Dean wrote:

> One of my favorite aspects of dpkg is pressing "Y" rather than
> having my config files run over.

So, that means that you always run the "Default" configuration that
the various package maintainers decided, just like you want it to be.

Sure, you miss the new default bookmarks of your browser, the new
default theme and background, etc. -- but these things are far from
important and you can always try the defaults by moving your ~/.foorc
away or trying the software on a freshly created account.

Installing a system is boring and tedious, at least for me, and you
have to customize all the programs again (or merge your old personal
settings somehow, which kind of defeats the purpose).

> I like to see changes to Debian Installer.

This is a valid reason, I agree -- but I would use a dummy machine for
that, not my default desktop machine.

> I didn't mean this to get into a discussion about how to manage a
> system.

Understood.  Sorry if I sounded harsh, it was not my intention.