[gNewSense-users] x11 proto-gl license

From: Lee McCafferty
Subject: [gNewSense-users] x11 proto-gl license
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:23:54 +0000

Hi,

I raised a bug for the x11proto-gl license :
http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00134
The license is the SGI Free Software License, which is nonfree because:
1. It restricts its patent license to unmodified versions.
2. It terminates if your use infringes copyrights or patents which are
not SGI's.
3. It requires you to inform SGI of any legal problems with the
software.

It seems pretty unambiguous to me that the license is incompatible with
gnewsense. I can't guess the implications of removing the offending
software, but it seems that it is probably necessary to do so.

Lee