[gNewSense-users] Weekly bug and PFV statistics update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly bug and PFV statistics update.
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:51:03 +0000

Hi, everybody.

It's that time, again. The week went something a little like this:

0. Bugs:

Bug page: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
Bug stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

29 bugs.

This is an increase of 2 from last week.  Thanks to all of those who
did work on bugs, this week.

1.  Package Freedom stats:

PFV page: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain
PFV stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

We have 109 100% free package sections, which is 3 more than last
week.  If we can complete the same this week, then we will have MAIN
completed!

All 3 sections can be completed if 3 packages are resolved!! Can anyone help?

If you want to use Markus' script, to update the stats, look here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

Any one can (and should) use it.

2.  Report on Suspected non-free table:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree

3.  Looking at some PFV checking of the kernel (KFV), I still need
some volunteers. If you think you may be interested, can you please
email me directly, at the usual place.  This work is almost ready to
go, but will not be started until Packages/ MAIN is completely checked
(which will be soon).

I need someone to help write a guide to Kernel checking.  Most of this
has already been written (thanks, Pitof), but it does not yet cover
downloading and unTARing the kernel.

4.  It's been a productive week, with notable contributions on PFV and
language stuff from Lee, Pitof and crap0101.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/