Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV Package Section Summary update and call for he

From: Lee McCafferty
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV Package Section Summary update and call for help.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 19:28:20 +0000

Hi,

I took a look at Main kernel-wf - kz, and the only package left is
krb5. This was marked as unclear because its copyright contained the
following passage:

  Export of this software from the United States of America may require
  a specific license from the United States Government.  It is the
  responsibility of any person or organization contemplating export to
  obtain such a license before exporting.

This issue was discussed on the list a while ago and I believe that the
conclusion was that such a passage does not nullify the freedom of the
software. This has to do with laws concerning cryptographic software and
is therefore not a restriction imposed by the copyright holder, but by the
laws of certain sovereign nations (if I understood correctly). To cut a long
story short, I have marked this as free, which completes that section.

Lee