Re: [gNewSense-users] Recommendation: Open Source friendly wireless netw

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Recommendation: Open Source friendly wireless network cards.
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:13:49 +0000

Thank you, Luis.

I was trying to find a manufacturer that supported open-source, so
that I could return the favour by buying their products.

I currently have a Netgear router, and when I bought I unpacked it
after delivery, the first thing I saw was a CD that had GPL software
on it.  This made me smile.

Perhaps Netgear do wireless cards.  I know some manufacturers are very
closed source, so I want to avoid those.

Thanks,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/