[gNewSense-users] wxGTK and VLC problem

From: arnuld
Subject: [gNewSense-users] wxGTK and VLC problem
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:30:45 +0530 (IST)

I have all movies in AVI format and in gNS only VLC playes them. I am
working for a Project which requires wxGTK >= 2.8.5 but gNS has older
version. This older version of wxgtk is required by VLC. If I install
newer version then VLC stops working and hence I can not watch any AVI
files.

I am working on eLynx a GPLed software and that is important and at the
same time I also want to use 100% Free distro. I have dual-booted with
BLAG to solve the problem but gNS has Debian packages, much better than
RPMs.

I am confused on what to do.

-- arnuld
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com