[gNewSense-users] Install/Update Questions

From: Thomas Spear
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Install/Update Questions
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:50:09 -0600

Hi -

As is obvious from the questions below, I have no experience with
debian based distributions.

I have the dapper alternative install disc.  Which option is best for
upgrading to gnewsense 1.1?  What commands do I need to run to perform
the upgrade?  I want to end up with exactly the same thing as
installing from a 1.1 live cd except I'll use lilo instead of grub.
(If the 1.1 live cd offered a 'no boot loader' option, I wouldn't need
to do this.)

How do I find out exactly what updates are available for a 1.1 live cd
installation?  I really like gnewsense the way it is and don't want
any big changes, but security/bug fixes would be ok.

Thanks.