Re: [gNewSense-users] Working on Spanish Translation

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Working on Spanish Translation
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:06:14 +1030

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 23:42 -0600, Luis Alberto Guzmán García wrote:
> About the translation page list, i propose this structure for the
> spanish version of http://www.gnewsense.org
>
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/Vega

Thats a great list.
Is it auto generated somehow, or did you have to build it by hand? if we
could (easily) ask people interested in translation to make one of those
for their language, it would make tracking the different areas much
easier.
kk

> The original list is in,
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ES/TraduccionWWW
>
> El lun, 03-12-2007 a las 07:46 +1030, Karl Goetz escribió:
> > On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 14:38 -0600, Luis Alberto Guzmán García wrote:
> > > Hi,guys, it's me again.
> > > Today i started to "build" the spanish structure for the wiki, i added
> > > some pages, i hope you don't mind, i saw that existed a french page and
> > > i followed that.
> > >
> > > It's something like this
> > >
> > > http://wiki.gnewnsense.org/Section:es/Translation_of_the_section
> > >
> > > Here an example;
> > >
> > > http://www.gnewnsense.org/Main/Mission  ->
> > > http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main:es/Mision
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/PressRelease20070122
> > > http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main:es/PublicacionPrensa20070122
> > >
> > > I think is a logic structure,
> > >
> > > What do you think!?
> >
> > I think thats probably the best way to go about it :)
> > i was thinking if we kept a list of what pages are new in translated
> > sections perhaps tehy could get translated back for teh main site too.
> > also, make sure you keep in touch with the doco-organising person
> > (whoever it is today)
> > kk
> >

> > > I'll listen any comment, before i go any further

Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au