[gNewSense-users] Package license wording query

From: Jay Clayton
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Package license wording query
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:13:43 +0000

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could help me with the following license for
libgssapi.  This license looks similar to a BSD style license however it
has the following wording;

"As a matter of courtesy, the authors request to be informed about uses
this software has found, about bugs in this software, and about any
improvements that may be of general interest."

I still think this can be regarded as a free software license still as
it is a request rather than a requirement but I'm not 100% sure.  Any
help with clarifying this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

The full license is located here;
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/libg/libgsm/libgsm_1.0.10-13/copyright