[gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:18:26 +0000

Hi, everybody.

It's that time, again. The week went something a little like this:

0. Bugs:

Bug page: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
Bug stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

35 bugs.
No change from last week

We need to try to solve some of these, and not just hope that somebody
else will!

1.  Package Freedom stats:

PFV page: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain
PFV stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

We have 90 100% free package sections, which is the same as last week
(accounting for 2 merged sections).

We only have another 3 sections that need adopting, but we have 14
that haven't been updated for so long, that it's possible that the
package section owners, have died!

If you want to use Markus' script, to update the stats, look here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

2.  Report on Suspected non-free table:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree

The Suspected non-free table doesn't seem to be getting as much use as
it should be.  Please note that any packages that you are not sure
about, should be recorded here, and a bug raised.  If the bug has been
raised already, add your new findings to the bug, and x-refer your new
findings on the Suspected non-free table.  IF IT'S NOT DOCUMENTED, IT
DOESN'T GET RESOLVED! :-)

I sent out an email reminder regarding the Suspected non-free table.
This doesn't seem to be being used correctly.  If you have an item in
here, PLEASE confirm that you've reported it as a bug.  This hasn't
happened on all the entries.  PLEASE CHECK :-).  For the columns that
don't have dates of the last update, I have recorded _No
date-STALLED_.  When this area of the wiki gets scripted, it will
automatically highlight the entries that don't seem to be moving on,
and get reported weekly. Please update!!

Broam and Petrock, could you check your entries, please.

3.  I'm starting to look at some PFV checking of the kernel, and need
some volunteers, for the future.  If you think you may be interested,
can you please email me directly, at the usual place.  This work is in
it's early stages, and will not be started until Packages/ MAIN is
completely checked.

4.  It's been an interesting week, with notable contributions from Jay
(JSC) and Ark74...thanks, guys!

Thanks as always to everyone :-)

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/