Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense Documentation

From: Mark William Darbyshire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense Documentation
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:36:38 +1300

Thanks Don.

I've put your structure proposal on the Proposed Structure page. I'll
have a look at it and see what other sections I can think of. I'm
thinking that Using gNS should probably go before Administering gNS. But
then, on the other hand, I suppose it's a good idea to instill people
with good habits as soon as possible.

I suppose one big question is: "How advanced is advanced?" Basic use of
the command line? Shell scripting? I suppose it would be a waste of time
writing that sort of thing, since there are plenty of other tutorials
that cover that ground, but we could still offer links to such
tutorials.

In addition to the normal documentation, we'll need some sort of section
that provides help for specific hardware. This sort of thing can't all
be structured into the main documentation. There is such a collection of
pages, currently at http://wiki.gnewsense.org/UserExperiences/ but it
needs a bit of work. Some of the articles on that page would actually
belong in the main Documentation. So I suppose that is a major part of
"Configuring Funky Hardware".

Please put your name or user name with a link to your profile in the
appropriate column at http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/CurrentProjects

Thanks again,
Mark.