Re: [gNewSense-users] What sucks about gNewSense?

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] What sucks about gNewSense?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:15:12 +0200

Kevin Dean wrote:
 I don't believe that any package manager has built-in support for
license issues and this is something that I think is a technical flaw
that harms our distro - has anyone really thought about how much PFV
needs to be "redone" for gNewSense 2.0? Perhaps something like
liblicense is better to work out... Just brainstorming here.

Do you mean liblicense at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Liblicense ?
That seems to be only for CC-family of licenses, and so quite useless for our use. (CC-family is so small subset of all licenses.)

--
Markus Laire