Re: [gNewSense-users] minimal base system of gNS

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] minimal base system of gNS
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 00:37:18 +0530 (IST)

> gNewSense still has no 'alternate' (ncurses based) install cd, so
> minimal installs are not posable.

I tried this:        On BLAG, I removed GNOME after installation and after
that every installation stopped working e.g. when I did "apt-get install
emacs" , it says to "apt-get fix-broken-packages install" and that
installs whole GNOME again, so I canot install emacs, firefox or something
else without installing GNOME again. that's funny :(

what about gnewsense ? Is it possible to remove whole of GNOME after
installation without causing any "broken-packages" error ?

I just use a Tiled WM and I use MPD to listen to songs.

-- arnuld
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com