[gNewSense-users] Teach Me

From: Peter Rock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Teach Me
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:25:29 +0800

OK, here is a first for me. I tried to check the copyright on a
package named "elilo-installer", but there is no copyright. I don't
mean public domain, I mean no copyright...

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/e/elilo-installer/elilo-installer_1.5ubuntu3/

In the package

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/e/elilo-installer/elilo-installer_1.5ubuntu3.tar.gz

is a readme file that says...

"This is an empty package, whose postinst autodetects drives and
installs elilo, which is the ia64 equivalent of LILO."

So if this is an "empty" package, then it must be free. But what is an
"empty" package? And how could something that is "empty" actually
perform a task? And how should I mark it? Pardon my ignorance...