Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 14

From: ஆமாச்சு
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 14
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:01:55 +0530

On Sunday 09 Sep 2007 10:23:09 am Brian Kemp wrote:
> Our apologies. gNewSense is based off of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, "Dapper Drake."
>
> If Tamizh (Tamil) is not available in Ubuntu 6.06, it will not be
> available in gNewSense. If it is not available in the Ubuntu
> installer, it will not be enabled in gNewSense's installer.

yep.. that should be reason.. it is ok with edgy and feisty..

> gNewSense depends on Ubuntu for its multilanguage support and does not
> intentionally remove languages.*

fine..

> More recent versions of Ubuntu may have support; I suggest performing
> your own testing.

its there..

> You may also want to check Debian GNU/Linux to see if this langauge is
> supported at installation time and when it was added; however Ubuntu's
> graphical installer isn't available in Debian.**

i suppose debian live should have it.. it is becoming mutual these days.. need
to check..

i have a doubt about debian installer here.. is the graphical installer that
that runs on cliking the "install" shortcut icon after the live cd is booted
is what you are mentioning here?

what are the other installer of debian?  the safe-graphics mode of edubuntu?

--
அன்புடன்,
ஆமாச்சு.

வாழிய செந்தமிழ்! வாழ்கநற் றமிழர்!