[gNewSense-users] Re: GFDL/SFDL

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: GFDL/SFDL
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:42:28 +0300

Brian Kemp wrote:

> For our new manuals--there will obviously be new documentation that we
> write, such as documentation for Builder, how to file a PFV bug, etc.

Such documentation most probably would be completely useless for
Debian.

Either way, the choice of a license should not be influented by that
kind of reasoning, or you'll end up ditching copyleft entirely at
certain point (because non-copyleft licenses "satisfy both camps").
[This exagerrated example is not related to Debian, of course.]