Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: GFDL

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: GFDL
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:41:27 +0100

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Works licensed under GFDL with Invariant Sections are also free works,
> provided that these sections meet the criteria as defined in the
> license.  The fact that Debian had a GR that states otherwise is
> irrelevant -- their decision applies only to their distribution.

But what is a "free work"?  Not even RMS disputed that GFDL with
Invariant Sections are not free software, see
- he doesn't think the question matters.

Maybe when FSF publish their Free Works Definition to go alongside the
Free Software Definition, and how to tell the difference between
Software and Works, I will understand their reasoning.

Hope that explains,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.