[gNewSense-users] licenses

From: Edi Granado
Subject: [gNewSense-users] licenses
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:24:33 +0200

Hi,
I have some question about our license policy.

- The FSF think the Artistic License are not free because its to vague. What is our opinion about this license?

- The packages tetex-base and tetex-bin including files who are under the TeX/MetaFont license wich they are freely modifiable but as long as the resulting program is not called TeX or MetaFont. Is this license free?

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/t/tetex-bin/tetex-bin_3.0-27ubuntu1/copyright
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/t/tetex-base/tetex-base_3.0-15ubuntu1/copyright

- The package tex-common include files that have no license and only are copyright.

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/t/tex-common/tex-common_1.9/copyright

Edi