[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 11, Issue 17

From: Peter Rock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 11, Issue 17
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:31:43 +0800

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:44:20 +0300
> From: Yavor Doganov <address@hidden>
> Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: PVF and The BSD License Problem
> To: address@hidden
>

> P.S.  Wishlist: It would be very nice if the "PVF" folks stop sending
> messages in HTML.  It may appear to you that it's fancier and more
> helpful to the readers, but the reality is exactly the opposite.

Hi Yavor. I think gmail is doing this? No intention of being fancy,
sorry. I'll try to figure out how to turn it off. On another note,
I've been thinking for months about our conversation regarding freedom
and server-side software. I really appreciated that dialogue btw and
appreciated your point of view. I made the decision to start moving
toward services that are more free. Gmail will continue for a while
but I'll drop that habit eventually. :) As of today, I've moved away
from Google's blogger to wordpress.com. Perhaps it isn't ideal but it
seems to be a step in the right direction. Although I don't feel
Google is acting unethically by not sharing the technology that their
blogging service is based upon, I can appreciate why it would be
better for society, in their case, if they did. On that note, I just
made my first post today at my new home...

http://gnuosphere.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/free-and-open-source/

Thanks again for our discussion.

Chris, did you figure out how to turn off this HTML emailing in Gmail?