Re: [gNewSense-users] Current release info.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Current release info.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:07:07 +0100

Paul,

Interesting point.  Thanks for replying.  I was beginning to think that nobody actually cares.

Cheers,

Chris.

On 15/08/07, Paul O'Malley <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Andrew wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Does anybody think it would be a good idea to have the current release
> version on the home page?
>
> Something along the lines of
>
> gNewsense 1.1 based on Ubuntu n.nn release name (eg Dapper)      Next
> proposed release: gNewsense n.n based on Ubuntu n.nn release | target
> release date (date).

This would not be a great idea from the perspective.

Not for the target release info, as we may get 1.2 out based on having a
server or alternative disk, or something else.
And as for the release date that is based on suck in upstream and parse
rebuild do the "fixes" and produce.

> This would prevent people from asking what version of Ubuntu the current
> release is based upon.  It would also follow the good example of other
> distros, so users can see at a glance what the current state is, without
> drilling down to the FAQ.

If you feel it should be higher up go for it, faqs should be living
documents and change over time.

Regards,

Paul