[gNewSense-users] The problem with Orinoco cards

From: Dylan Knight Rogers
Subject: [gNewSense-users] The problem with Orinoco cards
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:02:15 -0500

I noticed a slight issue, wherein using Orinoco cards in conjunction
with gNewSense results in a wireless card that doesn't quite connect.
As far as I know, Orinoco cards don't require firmware blobs, so this
should be a non-issue.

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing similar issues, if this is
merely a technical error on my part, or a coalesce of the two.  If
this is an isolated problem, I'd like to know how to fix this, so that
I may connect.

iwconfig eth0 yields an essid, and dhclient only notices a DHCPOFFER,
but doesn't bind itself to an address.