Re: [gNewSense-users] patent policy

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] patent policy
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:00:56 -0400

>From my understanding of what Brian said was that gNewSense takes no
stance on patents. The removal of Mp3 in SPECIFC is not because it's
patented, but because gNewSense dropped Multiverse and does not plan
on EVER including it. Because Multiverse was dropped, gNewSense
doesn't have any Mp3 codecs, and removal of it from main/universe is
more polishing the distro rather than rejecting it on patent policy.

Of course, I could be wrong, this is my understanding of the situation.

-Kevin