Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSen

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSense" article
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:48:31 +0100

On 6/16/07, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/16/07, Michael Fötsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Brian Brazil wrote:
> > Uploads are currently disabled. I think it's one or two parameters in
> > the config file, but I haven't enabled it as there's no monitoring in
> > place on disk space - which is obviously more of a concern when we've
> > allowing image uploads.
>
> I did a quick check on the PmWiki page:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin
>
> It seems there's a setting called $UploadDirQuota, which limits the
> overall size of uploads, and $UploadMaxSize, which could be used to
> limit the size of single files.

I didn't know about the overall setting, seems useful.

> If these work as expected, a max file size of 200 KB and a quota of only
> 50 MB could hold *at least* 256 images. Of course, if space runs out,
> the question is which attachment to delete in order to make room for new
> ones. :-)

How about 1MB file limit and 1GB total files? We've got 19GB free on
the webserver, so that leaves a good bit of space to spare.

This is done. I've enabled it for www and wiki (but not the Forums).
Now to update the docs...

Brian

For those wishing to contribute towards server costs, the best thing
you can do is donate to the FSF who currently provide our server - for
which we are very thankful.

Brian