Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSen

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSense" article
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:18:50 +0200

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
Michael Fötsch wrote:
200 KB and 256 images are both too small.  It would at least be a start,
though.

Exactly. I don't know how limited server space is for the wiki, so I chose these low numbers. They could work for a while, though.

In the "Installing gNewSense" article that I wrote, for example, there are 13 screenshots with an average size of 130 KB. With this average, we'd end up at 390 images for 50 MB.

(These images are all full-size, because MediaWiki can resize them on-the-fly. If PmWiki can't do this, you'd prescale them and have even smaller files.)

You could write an entire book about gNewSense and not having 390 figures, so I guess it's worth a try.

Kind Regards,
M.F.