Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:31:51 +0100

All,

I don't won't this to be off-topic and meaningless, but a lot of 'noise' is being generated regarding this issue.  Does it really matter?  I don't think I fully understand the situation.  As I see it, we have a channel that we can exchange ideas on, and that is good.  Does any more need to be said? Does this add value to the gNS mission?

Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Chris.

On 13/06/07, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
Karl Goetz <address@hidden > wrote:
> Its known: you get enough people into once place [freenode irc] and some
> people wont be happy with the 'service', for whatever reason.

I think it's more than that, as I've explained.

> Also, i note with amusement we could take this as a sign we have 'made
> it': [...] debian ... well... debian moved at debian speed :)

Not sure what that means, so:
debian started with linpeople, which begat OPN, which begat freenode.
At the 2002 netsplit, debian discussed it and then remained on freenode.
The move to OFTC was proposed April 2006 and happened June 2006.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.