Re: [gNewSense-users] Asus WL-107G Wireless PCMCIA card

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Asus WL-107G Wireless PCMCIA card
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 23:30:26 -0400

Josh Martens wrote:
> What is this script?

It's below, but I obviously have not tested it.  The *'s are replaced by
SSID and WPA key, as appropriate.

sudo iwpriv rausb0 enc 3
sleep 1
sudo iwpriv rausb0 auth 3
sudo iwconfig rausb0 essid "*** ****** ***** ** ***"
sudo iwpriv rausb0 wpapsk **************
sudo iwconfig rausb0 essid "*** ****** ***** ** ***"
sleep 1
sudo ifconfig rausb0 up
sleep 1
sudo iwpriv rausb0 enc 3
sleep 1
sudo iwpriv rausb0 auth 3
sudo iwconfig rausb0 essid "*** ****** ***** ** ***"
sudo dhclient rausb0

I have the WUSB54G, and with gNewSense you have
> to upgrade to 686 kernel or it always crashes, and even with the 686
> kernel it will often lock up.

I don't think it prevents crashes or lockups.  It's just a connection
script (though Guy mentioned that there were occasional random disconnects).

I am CCing Guy.  Hopefully he can help you (and maybe eventually me :) )
more.

Matt Flaschen