Re: [gNewSense-users] Status of licences for MAIN packages.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Status of licences for MAIN packages.
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:15:05 +0100

Paul,

Thanks for the URL.  A bit slow off the mark perhaps, but at least we are trying to move "off the mark".  Thanks for signposting the way forward.  If we don't discuss these matters, then we won't collaborate (as you did), and find the solution.

Thanks,

Chris.

On 31/05/07, Paul O'Malley <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Andrew wrote:
> This idea sounds fine to me, Ringo.
>
> Any thoughts (anyone) on the best way to implement Ringo's great idea?
> Anybody have other ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris.
>
> On 31/05/07, Ringo Kamens <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any reason why the reporting can't be decentralized and
>> managed on the wiki? For instance, a package list would be put on the
>> wiki, with each package having its own page and then people can write
>> on that page what they did. Once a package is verified (including
>> dependencies) then its status could be updated to fully free on the
>> main package page.
>> Comrade Ringo Kamens

A bit slow off the mark,

Ringo / Chris have a look at: