Re: [gNewSense-users] Translations Protocol

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Translations Protocol
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 09:07:59 +0100

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Daniel Boza wrote:
>> [RFR] (Request For Review)
>>
>>   This is used when the translation is finished and you are requesting
>> others to review it. Sometimes a RFR2 can follow if big chances have been
>> made to the document. If a person who reviewed the document didn't find any
>> mistakes he should tell so.
>
> I don't think we need a review every time.  That could be overkill, and
> there's always the option of removing/revising a bad translation later.
>
> Matt Flaschen
Just a couple of thoughts on this thing:
General guidelines for the gNewSense site are as follows:
While on wiki it is beta, when "stable" it is on www?

If we get people to "read and check your work" and gpg sign it perhaps
then it should be moved to the www.
So when you are finished with something or see something is finished gpg
sign it. Then ping which ever mailing point is being used for
translations with the wiki page. If people like the translation they too
can sign it.

These are just ideas, anyone else for a yes or no?

Regards,

Paul

P.