Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense version based on Ubuntu Feisty?

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense version based on Ubuntu Feisty?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 12:45:54 -0400

From what I understand, there are some people working on a
Fiesty-based version. I think rek2
is working on it, but I'm not sure as to how far along they are.
Comrade Ringo Kamens

On 5/19/07, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
Guy Johnston wrote:
> Hi, there was a lot of talk on this mailing list quite recently about
creating a new version of
> gNewSense based on Ubuntu Feisty. I was just wondering if the plan is to have
the next version based
> on Feisty, or to have one based on Edgy (or another one based on Dapper)
first.

> Thanks,
>
> Guy

Currently there is (to my knowledge) no active Feisty/Edgy port work
happening, but there is still intrest.
I know of several people willing to help me do whatever work needs help
with, if we have time. The gns-KDE people (person?) is willing to help
do that part.
And until someone comes up with a decent hack on builder to allow
multiple releases it cant happen.

My Free software time is currently focused on getting multiarch Builder,
and gns PPC.

Unless someone else will 'spearhead' an updated version, your going to
have to wait :)

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org
Australian Ubuntu users team - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam