[gNewSense-users] gNewSense on PowerPC

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense on PowerPC
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:50:15 -0400

Well, I'd been trying to keep this relatively quiet because I don't
yet have hardware to develop on. However, during a discussion on
Libervis.com we got into a semi-productive AMD/Intel flameware
regarding each company's stand on freedom.

He threw out the idea of looking into IBM's Power 6 architecture, and
as I read up on it, I find that they're designed for GNU/Linux and IBM
claims they're based on "open standards".

So the dream of creating a PPC port of gNewSense suddenly seemed more
appealing to me.

Looking for an industry contact to discuss this with, I e-mail Michael
Larabel, editor of Phoronix (http://www.phoronix.com) hoping he could
point me in the right direction.

He has, in turn, blogged about it on his site
(http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=187) so hopefully
this can garner attention to the project.