Re: [gNewSense-users] Spanish Support

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Spanish Support
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:13:42 +0100

On 4/15/07, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
Romel Sandoval wrote:
> I think that it's important that gNewSense support Spanish (and other
> languages too), but not only in the OS (as almost any GNU/Linux distro
> currently do), but also in the web page, documentation, forums and
> mailing lists.

I would like to see more translations of what's on the wiki, but i
haven't figured out localisation yet (pm wiki will support it).

Our current setup is
http://www.gnewsense.org/Website/I18n

I've yet to turn on the lanuage packs, but that just affects things
like the 'edit' link.

Something fancy with footers or the sidebar can probably be done to
integrate it all.

Brian

I was thinking of a 'how to do a localisation of the wiki' page - would
it help?

> For the Spanish part you can count on me (and I hope others around here)
> to collaborate with translations of the web page and documentation. But
> I need to know HOW can I do this.

Documentation packaged in the distro is still unsure. we currently don't
have any.
Perhaps we can work on that 'how to' for localisation page, or find some
good resources on the pmwiki site.
kk

--
Karl Goetz