Re: [gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:57:52 +0930

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Karl Goetz wrote:
>> The idea thats appealing to me most at the moment is to divide as such:
>>  - General/version independent help
>>  - gNewSense 1.x
>>  - gNewSense 2.x
>>  - gNewSense 3.x
>>  - etc
>

> This seems like a good idea, but realistically people would really end
> up putting version-independent information (which almost everything is)
> in the version sections.

Thats true enough, but thats when moving pages comes into it (and trying
to have 'how to contribute' explaining such things).

>> We seem to be planing to ask users to do what in ubuntu land is a Dapper
>> -> Feisty jump - a 12 month, unsupported upgrade.
>
> I didn't think anything was supported. :)  Seriously, I wasn't expecting
> to upgrade.  I already have /home on a separate partition (highly
> recommended) so I'm willing to install from scratch.
>
> Matt Flaschen

Ubuntu support one release to the next, as of yet i dont think we have a
policy (only having one release). However, can we support a jump ubuntu
wont?

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org
Australian Ubuntu users team - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam